Our client is building the digital infrastructure to bring health insurance into the modern era. With our client, benefits software companies can quickly and securely trade data with health insurance plans without building an in-house system from scratch.
They are a rapidly-growing Series A startup that has raised more than $16M from the best investors in Silicon Valley, and they are building a team of ambitious and creative people looking to change the face of healthcare.
Our client is a distributed company with teammates all across the United States. They have offices in San Francisco and Raleigh-Durham.
About The Role:
APIs are the foundation of everything our client does. As a Lead API engineer, you will be tackling some of the most fundamental and challenging problems in an exciting and collaborative environment, while managing and supporting a team of talented engineers. As an early member of the engineering team, you will have the opportunity to make significant contributions and help shape our client’s product and culture.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the founding team to design and build best-in-class APIs with an emphasis on usability and performance
- Manage and guide your engineering team by streamlining processes and maintaining high standards for system design, code quality and communication
- Hire and train additional team members as needed to support development goals
- Help shape the culture and processes of the engineering team
What They’re Looking For:
- 4+ years experience as an engineering team lead or manager including hiring and training responsibilities
- You should be experienced working with modern web technologies to build well-architected services with great APIs
- They program mostly in Python, but if you have experience working with any modern web framework you could be a great fit
- They deploy our service-oriented infrastructure using a combination of containerization and serverless technologies. You should have experience working with technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience managing a CI/CD pipeline, along with logging and monitoring a production environment
- Ability to recognize trade-offs and choose the right technology for the job
- Bonus if you have a background with enterprise-grade security and HIPAA compliance
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
What You’ll Love About Our Client:
- You will work on innovative technology that positively impacts everyday people
- You will be challenged technically and work with a team that prioritizes career growth
- You will collaborate with an ambitious and motivated team who are aligned around a driving mission – use technology to make the insurance industry better for everyone
What They Value:
- Judgment to experiment quickly without sacrificing quality
- Combination of ambition and creativity to solve hard problems
- Collaborative approach and focus on finding the best ideas, wherever they may be
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages – You’ll be an owner of the company
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance – Company paid life and disability coverage
- Health and Dependent Care FSAs – Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for out-of-pocket expenses
- 401k Account
- Commuter Benefits – Tax-advantaged commuter benefits
- Home Office Stipend – $500 stipend to spend on home office related equipment
- Parental Support – 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
- Paid Time Off – Uncapped vacation days & paid holidays
- Election Day Off – Election Day is a company holiday, every year, in support of democratic engagement.
How Our Client Works:
- No Meeting Wednesdays -Wednesdays are used for deep work, so they try to avoid meetings being scheduled this day unless it’s client sensitive
- Tech Stack – They primarily use Slack, Google Suite, and Notion
- Core Hours – Core meeting hours where cross-time zone meetings happen
Our client believes that the best teams are those that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that will lead our client to their best work.
Ready to Hire